Not entirely sure how it’s already 2023. I still think it ought to be 2020 and we get a do-over for it!
Here is a quick review of my year in books and a couple things I’m looking forward to in 2023. I hope you all had a lovely holiday of your choice!
- 62 books read
- 10 books DNFed
- 15,851 pages total read
- 280 hours 18 min listened
- 44 physical print books
- 2 digital books
- 27 audiobooks
- 33 male authors
- 42 female authors
- Leviathan Falls (The Expanse #9) by James S.A. Corey. Somehow, I managed not to write a blog post about this one. My bad! But this was a perfect end to the series. It totally stuck the landing.
- Stolen Focus by Johann Hari
- Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson
- Matrix by Lauren Groff
- Hyperion by Dan Simmons
- Revenant (Deep Space 9) by Alex White
- Nettle and Bone by T. Kingfisher
- Ejaculate Responsibly by Gabrielle Blair
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- A Rover’s Story by Jasmine Warga
- Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. Haven’t written about this one either. But y’all, stop eating octopuses! They are problem-solving smart. I can almost guarantee they are smarter than at least some of the people you know.
- Dreamsnake by Vonda McIntyre, narrated by Anna Fields
- Longbourne by Jo Baker, narrated by Emma Fielding
- The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex, narrated by Tom Burke and Indira Varma
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, narrated by Ray Porter
- The Uncommon Reader written and narrated by Alan Bennett
- Summer trip to Spokane
- Going to Gammage to see Six the Musical
Looking forward to in 2023:
- I would like to take a trip with my kid to someplace I’ve never been before, just the two of us. I’m thinking maybe Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
- Getting my TBR Reading Challenge started. I want to see how many books I can clear from my TBR pile. There are hundreds. I have a plan for my TBR in general but and also using this specific TBR challenge from Running Along the Shelves and this general challenge from The Nerd Daily to help me as well.
- Working on making my home as plastic-free as possible. By this time next year, I would like this to be a done deal.